Oxford House College is not like many of the other schools found in Turkey. We strive very hard to provide the best English language instruction that we can.
10 Reasons We’re Different:
1. Our classes focus on learning to communicate in English. Many courses follow a grammar based approach or provide instruction in Turkish. This is not an effective way of teaching how to communicate. We’ll teach you some grammar, but we’ll teach you so much more than that. We’ll show you how and when to use it and give you plenty of opportunities to practice the language in the class.
2. Our classes are small and personal. Unlike other schools that require 15 students to open a class, we will open a class with 3 or 4. Our class sizes never go over 13 students. This allows the teacher to focus more on individual student needs.
3. We have ongoing enrollment. This means that you can enter a class any time. You don’t have to wait months for a new class to open.
4. You progress according to your level and ability. One of the biggest determining factors in how fast a student progresses in English is their own dedication and commitment to learning the language. If you study and practice a lot, you will improve very quickly. We respect that and if we feel a student is ready to move up a level after a month, they can. In the same way, some students need more practice or are just too busy to study a lot. So, if you need more time, you can stay in the class for as long as you need. It’s all about you and your needs.
5. Teachers are provided with regular training, development, and observation. Unlike many other schools, we believe that learning is a life-long process. Our students are always improving and so are our teachers. We want to make sure our teachers are given the most up-to-date information and the tools and skills required to adapt to today’s fast paced world.
6. We integrate technology into the classrooms. We have a computer lab set up for all our students to use and our teachers to use as well. This technology is incorporated into the classroom whenever appropriate. Over 70% of the Internet is in English. Most international teleconferences are done in English. Students have smartphones and use social media like Facebook and Twitter. English is becoming a necessity for anyone who wants to work, live, or travel with people from other countries. Our classes will prepare you for this new, globalized reality.
7. We care about education. A lot of schools are only concerned about profit. While, of course, we are a business, we are more concerned with providing quality English language instruction. That’s why we have small classes, spend money and resources training our teachers, and pay to have the latest technology available to our students.
8. We offer a free demo to anyone who wants one. We would never expect a student to take a course they haven’t seen for themselves. We’re good and we’ll show you that, for free! You should have the opportunity to make the most informed decision possible. Unlike other schools who expect you to register without actually knowing what the classes are like, we’ll prove it to you by letting you see for yourself.
9. Students are placement tested before taking the course by one of our teachers. This ensures that there will not be mixed levels in the classes like at other schools. Everyone in the class will be at roughly the same level.
10. Our lessons are creative and engaging. You will be involved in your own learning. Unlike some schools that just go through a boring book with the teacher standing at the front of the class, we provide lessons that grab your attention and keep you interested. This, in turn, will help you learn English faster.
We guarantee that if you come to our school you won’t be disappointed and you will learn to communicate in English. We’ll be waiting
Read Full Post »